Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thing 4

SOCIAL MEDIA:

1. Now that you have a profile on Facebook or MySpace, how will you share information about yourself to meet other students at Ai and start to build your network? I have been building my AI student network on Facebook consistently through my time here. I add new friends all the time. Its a great way to communicate about classes and social events.

2. Keeping in mind that employers use social networks as a recruiting tool, how will you use Facebook or MySpace to promote yourself to potential employers? I try and keep my profile on the up and up. No crazy pictures or TMI posts. I think that along with posting content that is true to your personality is a good way to promote yourself to future employers.

3. How will you use Facebook or MySpace to build your professional network? I don't plan on using either of them for my professional network. Linked In is where I keep my professional contacts.

4. What interests and personal details will you share with your circle? I write about what kind of books I read, music I like, brands I appreciate, etc. I read AdAge and Brandweek on a daily basis. If I see an article that I think is interesting, I click the "share to facebook" button and automatically post on my profile. This helps me start interesting conversations with my friends and family about my education and career path.

5. How is professional networking different from social networking? Professional networking is just that....PROFESSIONAL. Please don't add your drunken pics to your Linked In Profile. It won't help you get a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment