Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thing 5


TWITTER:

1. Which social journal did you choose? Why? I chose twitter because it is becoming the standard in micro-blogging. I want to stay on top of popular tools so I can harness them in my future career. Now is a great time to practice.

2. What is unique about the online journaling experience? Its challenging because of the limited word count allowed. I am long winded when I write and it makes me edit....significantly.

3. Can you see this having some application to school work or professional development? I know many companies who are using this tool to increase internal communication. Others, like Zappos, are creating efficient feedback loops between their employees as well as their customers. Everything is in "twitter time" !

4. What are some ways that these tools could be used for evil, instead of good? Well, I think along with a sense of entitlement that my generation has, as a whole, micro-blogging sites tend to increase narcissism in young people. I think that is evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment